Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:25 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:49 pm 

I am happy I was able to see the site back, thank you Revolution.

I had some troubles right off so I thought I would start a thread where I and anyone else seeing a problem could report it in one easy to find place so it can be fixed.

Bug report 1:
While attempting to login, when I entered a valid userid and password the website did a redirect to the old revogear bulletin board URL, which immediately failed due to the nonexistence of the revogear site at this time. When I manually replaced the word revogear with kurobox in the url the login succeeded and I can post.

Thanks again for getting this going again. I will now go see if I can finally create an account on the wiki and log in there.

Mark

Post subject: WIKI bug
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:02 pm 

The wiki is still totally internet explorer unfriendly. It is still pretty much unusable with IE5.50.

Using Firefox the site is viewable. When I attempt to register I get a display of the secret code and enter it along with username, passwords and email address. The return page says the secret code was wrong.

It looks like no fixes are in yet, but at least you folks at revogear have the site back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:53 am 
Mark,
It has been a long while since I played with the wiki. Sorry about the IE unfriendlyness. hopefully once Sven gets the new server up (not sure if the move ocurred at the same time as the outage or not) I will be able to play a bit more making it more browser friendly. It is quite nice though to say "this site best viewed WITHOUT Internet Explorer" :)

Thanks
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:55 am 
This may be known but I thought I'd report that revogear.com is not redirected to kurobox.com. If this is intentional then all the references to revogear.com (ie forums, homepage) should be updated. PMs are near impossible to get right now.

Thanks
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:01 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Mark,
It has been a long while since I played with the wiki. Sorry about the IE unfriendlyness. hopefully once Sven gets the new server up (not sure if the move ocurred at the same time as the outage or not) I will be able to play a bit more making it more browser friendly. It is quite nice though to say "this site best viewed WITHOUT Internet Explorer" :)

Thanks
Brian

I assumed that because things were down and finally back up that this WAS the new server. That is why I thought I would start a bugs thread to help out. If the server is not done yet, and we are still on the old machine with the old buggy code, then a lot is explained. I will wait for the new server, and you can disregard my comments until then.

Mark

BTW, if you substitute kurobox in all the revogear redirects, you can get the site to function after a fashion. Although I sitll have to log back in each time since cookies aren't working either.

Post subject: WIP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:38 am 
Site Admin

There was more than a few mishaps the past few days. I'm finally in a position and place to fix things up. I'm going to lock up the forum in a few minutes to move the db. Hopefully, things will be in good shape this afternoon.

Sven

Post subject: Check the Sticky..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Some things are back to normal, but I still haven't accomplished a clean host change. Check the sticky above. I need a couple of volunteers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:23 am 
I can't get registered for editing the wiki. Gives a "wrong reg code" error even though I'm entering the right code.

DB error?
E-mail if questions
kurobox.com at datmail.com

Thanks,
David Troesch

Post subject: Re: WIKI bug
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:13 pm 

Curious_Mark wrote:
The wiki is still totally internet explorer unfriendly. It is still pretty much unusable with IE5.50.

Using Firefox the site is viewable.

The templates are broken for all browsers - they seem to have become corrupted or have been locally edited - they are not the defaults for TikiWIki 1.8.4.

I'd suggest an upgrade to TikiWIki 1.9.0 then ensure that templates and styles/templates directories contain the files from 1.9.0.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]