Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:39 pm 

Hello all,

It's good - in a way - to see this site still operational. However, I also see a recent thread stating that "our IBM writers" (that's me, folks) have moved on to the Mac Mini. That has NOT happened. I am just about to submit article #7 in the Kuro Box series, and there are at least five or six more in the pipeline (it's hard to say how many exactly because there are so many things that need to be added to the series).

You can always see a link to the index of articles at http://www.larwe.com/technical/current.html.

Kuro article #7 is the first one that involves building actual hardware. By the way, article #6 is up, and it talks about adding a USB camera and doing some machine vision stuff - check it out.

The Mac Mini article series is a separate, simultaneous project with no direct relationship to the Kuro Box articles.

The bootloader article[s] will be a separate section from the original Kuro project. I'm not going to experiment with that stuff until I have another Kuro. With revogear out of action, that's not going to happen.

Speaking of which, I'm most alarmed to see that revogear.com is still offline and the WHOIS information seems to indicate that it is held by a domain name speculator. It doesn't bode well :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

larwe,
great to see you still around! I thought you may have at least abandoned the forums :). I can tell you I have been in contact with Sven as recetnly as 2 weeks ago and revo and kuro are still alive and well. There are reasons why the store is delayed and I am trying to push Sven to put up a something with sane looking info. revoear.com is still held by Revolution ut we are trying to to a server split and migration wich has stagnated terribly. I am actully getting to thinking about forking the wiki and stop waiting for Revolution to get ther sever they have setup working right. Anyway, don't give up on Revolution yet. I will try again to put pressure on Sven to get the store righted.

Thanks
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:16 am 

Well it's good to see you're still around. Is the other guy (Peter Seebach?) still writing about the Kuro? Looks like he wrote one of the first articles and moved on?

The biggest contribution that your articles made was helping us (me at least) understand how the Kuro boots and adding strange hardware support to the kernel. I'd like to see more articles along those lines and less on setting up web galleries.

Looking forward to your next article.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I'm most alarmed to see that revogear.com is still offline and the WHOIS information seems to indicate that it is held by a domain name speculator.

Revo's done everything possible to scare people away from the Kuro community as they can. We never see mephisto or TGL any more.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]