Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: RMA Imformaiton
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:06 pm 

I plugged in my kuro box when I go to school and smoke started pouring out of back. I cracked her open and the PSU is toasted.

It looks like something shorted out and I have no idea why. The invoice for the product reads 2005.01.06 so it is still under warranty, correct? I tried calling the buffalo number on the invoice, and chose tech support but always end up getting a mailbox.

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with RMAs with Buffalo, or had any numbers or contact imformaiton that might get me some help. Thanks in advance.

And I was just going to install the 2.6 kernel too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:43 pm 

Call Buffalo's support # and tell them you want to RMA.

If they say they don't support it tell them they're wrong and that they can call Sven @ buffalotech HQ for verification if they need to. His info is:

Phone: 512-349-1572
Email: sven*at*buffalotech.com

Have them put that in the support ticket if they are clueless and can't handle it, then ask to have a level 2 support person call you back.

If no one calls you back within a day, call them back and at that point they will RMA your box. I had to go through all that to rma a while back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:35 pm 

Tech support will usually bump the customer over to me. Feel free to come straight to me for RMA replacement or return.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]