Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:14 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:25 am 

Hi guys, I'm looking to how change the template for aMule webserver. I tried to add the correct path to amule.config on the row Template= (that is blank in default amule.conf) but the webserver stop to work. Did anyone successfull change the templete. Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:50 am 

It seems that when you change something in amule (template, amule.conf) the webserver is not started at startup anymore. In fact on Kurobox reset you can't connect to 4711 port, but if you manually start amuleweb from /etc/init.d the webserver runs correctly. It's not clear to me how amule is set up and placed with the script. Sylver can you hel me and explain how it works? Bye!!!

P.S. Did you try to installa amule 2.1.3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:46 am 

If I remember well, amule configuration is stored in /root/.aMule hidden directory. If it runs using the /etc/init.d script manually, it should run at startup if the links in /etc/rc.d/rc2.d are present (there is 2 daemon, on for the web server and one for the edonkey application).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:52 pm 

Yes it's correct, but why if you canghe something in amule.conf the webserver seems that doesn't start at boot fo kurobox? For example, I changed the number of new connection every 5 seconds from 20 to 30 in amule.conf with Vi editor. Well, reboot the kurobox and no webserver at port 4711. I tried to start manually the webserver in /etc/init.d and it works. Also if youi try to change the template. I copied php-default to default. Reboot, and no webserver, manually start and it works. I was forced to remove .aMule directory in /root and do a remove and then an intall with the script... Can you try to see if it does the same for you? Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:27 pm 

I have no idea what could be the problem, sorry.
And I can't test it on my kurobox as I don't use my image anymore since a long time ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:49 am 

Sylver, have you an idea to how to simply upgrade amule to 2.1.3? Bye!

--edit--

Just no simply way. I compiled 2.1.3 sources successfully, everythink seems to work, but... I really can't load amuled at startup. I tried to lauch script and also to add manually link in rc0.d rc2.d and rc6.d but it doesn't start!!! I have to start amuled anly beacuse with a webserver=1 in amule.conf it starts amuleweb itself. How I can do. I read a lot of scripts in amule.org forum, but they refers to rc.local or other files that doesn't exists in Sylver image. Sylver can you explain the logic of autoboot process of your image. Bye!

--edit--
Someway solved... I made manually the link in rcx.d directories and it doesn't work, than I edit the script in /etc/init.d and used set_amule.sh and it works. But sometimes happens that amule is not running at startup. But it could be that I try to soon to connect via telnet and somehow it hang up the daemon start up. Well at the end I have working binaries for amule 2.1.3. Can we put them somewhere? Bye!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]