Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:04 am 

Hi guys, I'm in a little trubble with samba sharing and privileges. I have samba configured and some directories under /mnt shared. I can see these directories under windows and files in. But if the directories haven't a full access (+777 with chmod) you can't copy file to/from them. Also when amule ends a download, it assigns a -rw-r----- privileges that aren't enought for samba sharing (you need rwxrwrwxr, full access). Is there some option in samba to avoid this problem? This limitation applies also for FTP transfer. Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:54 am 

Either force user = root
or write mask = 777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:12 pm 

You need to make sure that you connect as the right user. When the files are saved they are stored as the current owner. If you then try and access them as some other user then access will be bar'd. You can change this in the access configuration for that share. You can use commands suchas force user or write mask. There are many ways to configure the shares and these will ultimately depend on how you wish to use Samba!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]