Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: SLimserver 6.5.1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:11 pm 

I am running Slimserver 6.3.1 and am having problems with the Sirius plugin.

Is there a way to load the newest version 6.5.1 on to the Sylver image? I tried to tar the source code but keep getting errors.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am 

I've gotten Slimserver 6.5.0 beta running on the stock Kurobox load. It took quite a bit of work though. The main problems I ran into were:

1) Need (the correct version of) mysql running

I think Sylver's image has mysql as an installable package. I'm not sure if it's the right version or not though. Either way, it's worth installing.

2) Need to run as non-root

I had been running slimserver 6.3.1 as "root" but 6.5.0 required it to be run as non-root. This also led to some file permission problems where Slimserver no longer had permission to ovrwrite files that it created previously. The log file had messages regarding permission problems and I had to chown those files.

3) Update the Slimserver error mysql error message files

If you're getting error messages like this when you start up Slimserver:

061214 21:36:00 [ERROR] Error message file '/usr/local/SlimServer_6.5_v2006-12-08/MySQL/errmsg.sys' had only 463 error messages,
but it should contain at least 469 error messages.
Check that the above file is the right version for this program!
061214 21:36:00 [ERROR] Aborting

You need to copy the versions of everything in '/usr/local/SlimServer_6.5_v2006-12-08/MySQL/' from /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql or wherever they are on the Sylver install.

I updated a couple of files and then things seemed to work just fine. I'm not sure if this is "correct", but it worked.

In general, just keep looking at the error messages Slimserver spits out in it's log file and fix 'em one by one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:56 am 

Oh yeah, I should mention I don't use the Sirius plugin, so I have no idea if this effort will help at all :(

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]