Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:41 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:54 am 

Thanks. I'm pretty new at this stuff and continuously get blown away by the level of knowledge found here.

The kurobox for me has been a great vehicle to learn a lot about linux even though many advise against wading into the setup without a good linux exposure. On the contrary, I appreciate the embedded, "invisible" linux box that I can access via telnet and learn without leaving my desktop.

Not trying to flatter you but I have adapted your projects since I bought my box a few years ago beginning with the image setup with the pages and applications. Recently, I did the Debian (improved) install and with the kernel upgrade. I'm still trying to figure out the scripting stuff you wrote for the 2.6 debian install to use the web interface (I'm really a command line user but I like the snapshot and overview available on the pages).

I've been working on installing linux on a netbook pro and have used my kurobox extensively as a linux box to partition and format cf cards. It's amazing how plug and play this thing is!

Paul Krupa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:19 am 

Sylver wrote:
Well I called that 'improved' because I've made some correction to the main debian image available for the kurobox. I can't remember all the corrections, but there was at least a correction to allow udev to be installed without messing up everything, and some scripts to enable 2.6 kernels (with loader.o module) at startup. Anyway it's not a revolution, it's just something to make it usable without problems on a kurobox ;)

Can you tell me if your image will work with the Kuro Standard, or only with the HG/Pro?

I've heard some good things about your image, but can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Thanks much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:23 pm 

richbl wrote:
Can you tell me if your image will work with the Kuro Standard, or only with the HG/Pro?

Code:
Debian-sarge-2.6.20.2_kurobox_universal-20070313_testing (kernel update only) :
U Updated to kernel 2.6.20.2 (loader.o & uBoot versions)
+ Should be compatible with both Kurobox & Kurobox HG (tested on HG only)
+ Added Tulip Ethernet driver for Kurobox support

So it might work with standard Kuroboxes. I have a HG myself as well so I can't tell you more. Just try it...

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2