Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Debian avr evtd
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:54 am 

So I managed to cleanly replace the kuroevtd with the Debian avr evtd as suggested over IRC. Although I haven't been sucessful at locating any documentation which pulls the kurobox out of thinking it's in sleep mode. Right after performing all the necessary instructions to the letter on the wiki page, the power light started to do this ominous slow on and off fading and is still doing it as I write this.

A few hours after installing avr_evtd I kept the box on to see what would happen as I was looking to figure out what the slow glowing on and off meant (which I found on the linkstation wiki). And a few hours later while I was connected to telnet I got the 5 minute warning message and the box eventually shut itself down. I've since powered it back up and it's been running solid but the power light is still doing its glowy thing and I've found no indication of if this is normal or how to correct it. Any ideas help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:38 am 

OK, apparently all that I needed to do was edit /etc/default/avr_evtd and set the timer flag to "no" ? A little bit of clarification might be needed here just so I don't go and down the box into the k-hole... Since ppc_uartd isn't located (from what I can tell) on this box and I now only have avr_evtd, this means that there effectively is no watch dog to kill me, correct?

So if I do boot and it takes more than N amount of time to fully start up, nothing unexpected should happen, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 pm 

do man avr_evtd :)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]