Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:08 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:17 pm 

Big_Dawg, I tried the Sylver distro and have had much better luck with it. Now I have a thread going on over in the Sylver forum but I DID get the thing started up without having to hand edit any files yet. A couple more tweaks and I may have something useful!

I think the Debian install instructions on the wiki don't work with the latest distros and it is just a pound-yer-head-against-the-wall exercise to try to get to the bottom of it. At least, I'm not going to try it again.

Onward and upward.

DL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:00 pm 

I was only partly following this thread. The login and password for EM on the Kuro standard with stock firmware are root and kuro.

Post subject: Right......
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:53 pm 

Yeah, I don't think I can install Sylver's Debian image because I have an old standard Kuro. On the other hand, I am not sure what Sylver's modified original image gives me. I wanted to install debian so that I could install some useful Linux stuff like Apache, JReceiver, webcam server, etc. Can I do that with the Sylver mod image?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2