Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:36 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:26 am 

I have an external WDC3200 HD in an external enclosure connected to my Kurobox. The partition is formatted EXT3, I don't know the model of enclosure yet.

I have installed Samba on Sylver's improved Debian build (and am using usbmount which is also giving me problems) and have tried to copy my files to that drive which is manually mounted.

Files copy very slowly to the box and I wondered whether it could be down to any of the following:

1) The partition type - would I gain anything by switching from EXT3 to XFS or similar?

2) The enclosure - I seem to remember seeing something in the log at bootup about a device "not being connected to a hi speed controller" but don't have the box in front of me at the moment - will update when I get home.

3) The network? My PC, the Kuro and a Roku Soundbridge M2000 are the only devices on this segment of the LAN - I am using a 100MBit Switch. I know that the Kuro doesn't really make the most of a Gigabit connection, but it's fairly reasonable at 100Meg isn't it?

I know that this is purely subjective, I will do some speed tests once I get home, but any initial pointers would be useful. I am looking to copy 160Gb onto the drive, and whilst I can leave it on overnight, I'd rather not do it too often as my PC is watercooled and heavily overclocked, so I prefer not to leave it running 24/7 :)

Kuro Virgin

Never used Linux either.... what have I done? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:48 pm 

...James, I have exactly the same configuration. I can download at around 1 MByte /sec, but yes, using the internal Kurobox HDD...whats your download rate by the extarnal one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:41 pm 

You might find some answers in the above thread.
I did some tests a while ago.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]