Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:56 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:39 am 

Anyone tried installing kTorrent on Debian Sarge?
http://ktorrent.org

This would be a great alternative to Torrentflux which doesn't support DHT and encryption.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:34 am 

It will not be possible unless you install X11 & KDE (Graphic User Interface) and access your kurobox using a X11 terminal or VNC (at least for the first configuration step as ktorrent seems to include a web interface for configuration) ! Moreover it'll make your kurobox run slowly because of the CPU/RAM used by the GUI ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 pm 

rtorrent is what you are looking for. Its an ncurses based torrent client that runs well on the kuro and is very configurable.

Cheers,

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:19 am 

ncurses is ok when you're in a local network. However, this cannot be accessed easily on public networks and from places with controlled internet access.

I'm also looking for torrentflux alternatives, preferably C/C++ web-based bittorrent clients. So far, torrentflux and xbt are the ones I found on the net.

hehehe, i also tried ktorrent... but i didn't continue it due the memory it was using during installation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:45 am 

What about BTG? http://btg.berlios.de/

It uses libtorrent and runs as a daemon and has ncurses, cli, and www frontends. It listens on a single port and allows global speed limiting across all torrents just like uTorrent and Azerus. The newer versions of libtorrent also support DHT which is the distributed tracker thing.

I haven't spent the time to sitting down and getting it compiled but it looks really cool. I just wish there was a debian package for it already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:59 pm 

I have a debug version of BTG running on my Kuro along side TorrentFlux atm. I was able to use libboost-dev; however, libtorrent-dev was not being seen by the btg make process.

I manually built libtorrent off the 0.11 source on their site and then built btg. The configuration file creation program seems very buggy but the ajax enabled web frontend kicks torrentspy's butt. I need to do a lot more testing with this app but I'm liking what I see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:13 pm 

I just thought I'd post a quick screenshot of the web interface. And yes the entire interface is ajax driven. The daemon seems very light compared to the python torrentflux daemon. I'll just have to do some testing with some private bittorrent sites I use and see if this client is ok to use since transmission isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:18 pm 

I also tried the webBTG. I encountered an error on this configuration

Quote:
--enable-event-callback

So I turned it off.

Just like what SScorpio said. The webBTG client looks promising! the load and memory usage isn't that big.

It lacks the file management interface that torrentflux offers. However, i'm sticking with the webBTG (because of the performance) and will look for a web-based file management system.

Does anyone know a good web-based file or share management interface?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:31 am 

I decided to give this a go (on gentoo:), but the btg site seems to be down. Does anyone have a copy of the tar that they could email me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:08 am 

kinto92 wrote:
Does anyone know a good web-based file or share management interface?

http://cjgexplorerpro.com.ar/cjgExplorerPro-3.3.zip

It is not Firefox friendly, but you can run it using the IE Tab extension, and believe me, it is worth it. I have tried LOADS of php and ajax file managers and I have yet to find one as complete as this. If anyone else has something better, please let me know.

Ban

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:51 am 

Ive got a suggestion...

http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/

Its based on torrent flux with some nice added features

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:48 pm 

monkeyboy wrote:
Ive got a suggestion...

http://tf-b4rt.berlios.de/

Its based on torrent flux with some nice added features

Tried this before... The problem with this is that some trackers ban this bittorent client.

I think webBTG is better when it comes to torrent handling. However it lacks the file management that torrentflux offers. I'll try Banshee's suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:45 am 

kinto92 wrote:
... The problem with this is that some trackers ban this bittorent client...

but it supports multiple backends
# Original BitTorrent/Mainline
# BitTornado
# Transmission
# Azureus

ie, you could still have it running transmission at the back ?

Ive been trying btg over then last day or two, it seams realy cpu intensive and the ui does not have many features, i missed the seaerch capabilities that I have become acustom to with torrentflux.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:20 am 

FY:

BTG wa updated. Some of the torrent sites require the newer version of BTG.
However, installation of the latest BTG should be done the hard way... BY COMPILATION.

The problem with the latest BTG is it requires the latest libtorrent which in turn requires the latest boost libraries. So far, boost libs of debian unstable is not yet updated :-(

You have to compile BOOST, LIBTORRENT and finally BTG. It took me 2 days to finish. :shock:

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]