Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 am 
Site Admin

I am looking for someone to help out on kurobox.com

I have finally gotten disk space and can start hosting files. I want
to place the Debian overlay up here and keep it maintained. We can
also provide Kuro specific debs here. First I need someone to upload
and prepare the area. I would like someone who can also maintain it
and maybe the Debian part of the wiki (optional).

I can provide ftp upload and ftp/http download functionality and
plenty of moral support.

Thanks
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:23 pm 

Although I can't say I'll be able to maintain all pages of the Debian wiki, I have been doing some updates to the pages in that section and I plan to continue doing updates for a while. I've just received my Kurobox this week and this wiki has been very helpful in getting the box to the point it is at right now. I see plenty of information that isn't included in this wiki though, so I wouldn't mind attempting to make this wiki more of a one-stop place to get information. Here's the first page I've updated:
http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/ ... d_spindown

EDIT: Also, does anyone see any problem (or reason for that matter) with completely copying information from other relevant wiki pages to this wiki? I see for instance on the Linkstation wiki that this has been done (although much of it looks to be copied from here instead of the other way around). I have no problem with going to the Linkstation wiki and getting any information we don't already have and making a page here. I like the idea of having all information for the Kurobox in the Kurobox wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

We decided early on not to do a straight transplant. The main reason is that the old site was a mess. Total disorganization ruled the day. We decied that a clean setup and careful migraton was best. I think it has worked as I have not vistied the old site in quite a while :)

Thanks

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:31 pm 

Are you talking about the old Kurobox wiki? If so, I've only gone there once to see what it looked like. I wasn't considering copying pages in their old disorganized form (only the information), and I wasn't necessarily talking about the old Kurobox wiki (I meant the current Linkstation wiki). Whatever changes I make to the existing Kurobox wiki will be at least: be nicely formatted, have a link to it's page from the Debian home page, and have links to any external pages referenced. If there is an example wiki page with a standard format that should be followed, then let me know. If there isn't such an example, then maybe someone could create it if page formatting is a major issue (which may be the case if the old wiki was scrapped). Either way I'll try to keep the same format for any pages I edit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:23 pm 

I might be able to help out :) I've got an updated distribution file for the Kuro HG (around 80meg) its basically sylvers debian image updated to Etch, with SSH enabled, newer kernel etc.. basically just removes some of the steps required to get things working.

Once the kuro pro arrives I might be able to help out with that as well :)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]