Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:43 pm

All times are UTC-06:00




Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 46
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Using the Sylver 2.6.x distro on KuroBox HG + 250GB drive.
Running mt-daapt svn1489.
Looking to get some devices on USB - external hard drive, Epson USB printer. They are both plugged in but I am not getting the response I expected.

Web UI shows under USB/USB Details:

Quote:
Error

Failed to read in information.
Please re-open setup screen.


ps -Al | grep usb does show

[Larry@KURO-BOX:~]$\ ps -Al | grep usb
040 S 0 897 5 0 70 -5 - 0 18350 ? 00:00:00 usb-storage

How do I debug USB? From what I gather it's just "supposed to work".


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:03 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
digital_larry wrote:
Using the Sylver 2.6.x distro on KuroBox HG + 250GB drive.

Web UI shows under USB/USB Details:

Quote:
Error

Failed to read in information.
Please re-open setup screen.


quote]

I get same error msg on the default web UI using Sylver's 2.6.15.6, but you add the following to get USB manually mounted.

For example, add the last 2 lines for USB mounts to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt2/usbdisk1 vfat,ntfs,ext2,ext3 defaults,auto,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sda2 /mnt2/usbdisk2 vfat,ntfs,ext2,ext3 defaults,auto,umask=000 0 0

Then, you should be able to manually mount your USB disk with the following command:

[root@kurobox:~]$\ mount /mnt2/usbdisk1

[root@kurobox:~]$\ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 4.0G 1.2G 2.7G 30% /
/dev/hda3 178G 33M 176G 1% /mnt
/dev/sda1 488M 78M 411M 16% /mnt2/usbdisk1

I really want any USB disk to be automounted and I tried installing hotplug; but it does not seems to work.

Also, I do NOT seem to have debian "apt" commands after installing default Sylver's 2.6.15.6 on the Kuro-HG:
[root@kurobox:~]$\ apt-get
-bash: apt-get: command not found
[root@kurobox:~]$\ which apt-get
which: no apt-get in (/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin)

Any ideas?

~Peter


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 46
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
Quote:
For example, add the last 2 lines for USB mounts to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt2/usbdisk1 vfat,ntfs,ext2,ext3 defaults,auto,umask=000 0 0
/dev/sda2 /mnt2/usbdisk2 vfat,ntfs,ext2,ext3 defaults,auto,umask=000 0 0

Then, you should be able to manually mount your USB disk with the following command:

[root@kurobox:~]$\ mount /mnt2/usbdisk1

[root@kurobox:~]$\ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 4.0G 1.2G 2.7G 30% /
/dev/hda3 178G 33M 176G 1% /mnt
/dev/sda1 488M 78M 411M 16% /mnt2/usbdisk1


Thanks a lot, that works great. However I'm still not getting the new drive in "My Network Places". Do I have to set something up?

Also anyone installed the printer server?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:03 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Silicon Valley, CA, USA
digital_larry wrote:
Thanks a lot, that works great. However I'm still not getting the new drive in "My Network Places". Do I have to set something up?

Also anyone installed the printer server?


Hi digital_larry,

I'm not a Windoze guy; but I believe you can map the "My Network Places" via samba (e.g. \\kurobox\share or via static IP address of the kurobox)

You will need to install CUPS if you want the kurobox to be a print server.

BTW, did u have any luck on getting external USB disk to automount? I still have some issues using USB hotplug.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited