I can also confirm that freelink works like a charm.
If you, like me, already formatted the HD by pressing the red button on the back, you can get back to zero with the following easy steps:
[WARNING]: !!! I just saw that this is not working for everybody
, it worked for me after I installed the original FW !!!
0. Note that you will lose ALL data on the HD, so backup if needed
1. Login to the Kurobox via telnet
2. Un-mount the HDD
3. Remove the partition(s) from the HDD
~ # fdisk /dev/sda
The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 60801.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,
and could in certain setups cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs
(e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)
Command (m for help): d
Selected partition 1
Command (m for help):
Command (m for help): p
Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
Command (m for help): w
The partition table has been altered!
Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Now you can proceed to install a new distribution.[/url]