I'm trying to make the kernel boot on the kurobox pro !
Be aware that it's still beeing in developpement so, for now :
- you have to use the linkstation kernel config to compile a kernel that will boot on the kurobox pro (I'll trying to find why setting the target as beeing a kurobox pro is not working for now)
- There are some (big) reliability problems with XFS partitions (on the kurobox the user partition is in XFS, so you'll have to format it as an EXT2/3 partition if you want to use this kernel)
But you are almost right :
- get the kernel source from subversion (svn)
- install a crosscompilation environement on you computer (+ mkimage from u-boot) or compilation tools (+ mkimage from u-boot) on your kurobox pro if you want to compile the kernel on it
- get the linkstation config from svn and copy it as ".config" in the kernel root directory
- "make menuconfig" and add your wanted modules
- "make uImage modules modules_install"
- have a break
- rename the /boot/uImage.buffalo (check the name, i'm not sure it the right name) to something like /boot/uImage.buffalo.backup
- copy the fresh uImage (somewhere in arch/arm/boot/uImage if i remember well) to /boot/uImage.buffalo (or whatever was the right name before)
- if it's not working, take out the drive, put it in a computer that can read ext2/3, mount partition 1 and replace uImage.buffalo with uImage.buffalo.backup, umount the partition, put back the hdd in the kuro pro, restart it and try to guess what was wrong :p