Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:08 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help me with Mldonkey!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:54 am 

I've been playing with the Kuro and I want to install some edonkey client, such as mldonkey. I've it up and running in my Gentoo PC and I thought it would be easy to do it in the Kuro.

I have installed the FreeLink distribution and I'm attempting to install mldonkey 2.8.1 from the apt sources. The problem is when I run "/etc/init.d/mldonkey-server start", starting the mlnet file, it gives me a lovely segmentation fault.

After the dns discover of my own IP, and before the resolving of the mldonkey web page, it exits with the error. Has anyone experienced this or can give me help?

By the way, I'm used to Gentoo, and I don't think it's different in FreeLink, but I can't use the "vim" command while I'm in an user account. Is there something that has to be changed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:20 am 

Try to compile by yourself amule (www.amule.org). it works perfect under KuroBoxHG. Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:33 pm 

Thanks. I'll stick with it if it works well :lol:

But I noticed that Kademlia network seems to work pretty bad. It can't connect very often and when it does, its firewalled even with the ports open. Are you in the same situation with aMule? or it is only me?

I add two questions if somebody can answer:

- Why on earth can't I use vim in user mode? :evil:
- Why transfering files with the Kuro is so painfully slow? With a 10/100 router, the transfer speed would be al least 5MB/s and I can only reach 700KB/s. Is there a way to check the network transfer speed?

Thank you!

Edit: I've solved the speed rate problem. Mea culpa.
Edit2: Not at all. I'll die before the archives pass through the network. :( Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:07 am 

Give amule time to full open kadmelia. Very often kadmelia starts as firewalled and then goes to open. But it is even true that sometimes kadmelia disconnects, it happens olso for me. Use forum.amule.org to report problems. Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:10 pm 

you can find precompiled mldonkey's binaries for various architectures in these forums(look at sticky):
http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/forums/ ... m.php?f=16

Mldonkey's ARM cores, Linux Debian: http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/forums/ ... 6582#26582
PowerPC cores, Linux Debian: http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/forums/ ... php?t=4834

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]