Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:08 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:17 pm 

Hello

I have, after fidling around a bit, managed to install successfully Freelink on my KuroPro. I have now a couple of questions and a problem.

Let's start with the problem :
- once Freelink has booted, I can not shutdown by pressing the front button any more (shutdown through console access works fine). Pressing it for a couple of seconds will generate a beep, but that is about it. Has anyone the same problem ? How can I assign the shutdown command to this button again ? Thanks for the feedback.

Now for the questions. The answer is maybe already in the wiki, although I haven't found suitable answers yet. My apologies if it is already there. Any way, here are the questions :
- with the original flash version, the kuropro beeps nicely when it has finished booting. How can I reproduce the same behaviour with Freelink ?
- Is there a way to stop the HDD when not in use with Freelink ? (corollary => is the fan temperature controlled and will it stop if the KuroPro uses low power). It may be already there, I may have not waited long enough to experience it.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:35 pm 

this is a quiet ... :(

or maybe the guys who made freelink are answering on another forum ?

Anyway, I have found another hddroofs there http://hikarimail.com/kuro-box.html (does anyone know it ?), which apparently has kept most of the features of the flash boot (like melodies, fan control, front button detected, etc... all miconapl), all based on etch.

I am not exactly sure how this hddrootfs was built, nor where it comes from but it fits the bill so far (I had to install quite a few apps though, but nothing difficult).

All this until I can get a hold of Yamasita-san's KuroPro/Hack book & CD and check his own hddrootfs, because according to his home page, it will do pretty much all I need it to do, and at least this one comes from an identified source.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 pm 

I think the FreeLink guys hang out on the nas-central.org forums. Maybe try posting there: http://forum.nas-central.org/index.php

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]