Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:35 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 pm 

At odd intervals my KBP is hanging/freezing if it's booted off the HDD. It seems to be SATA related as if I'm booted off the flash I still get the error that the disk isn't there any more/scsi failed. Sometimes the drive "comes back" but then it's on a different letter (usuallu g) as it's post boot.

I've had this happen while in the uboot environment too where an "ide reset" does not result in the drive becoming visible again. It seems to only happen on SATA0 (the inside one). I've replaced the drive and had the same problem occur. Given this and that it's occurred under stock and custom kernels and from flash, and in uboot, I'm pretty sure this is a hardware problem with the KBP itself. I've checked connectors, cables, PSU voltage etc. and all appears nominal.

Mostly a simple hard shutdown (hold power 9s) and reboot will work, but occasionally the problem immediately reappears and requires an unplug for a few hours.

Has anyone else seen this? Do I need to start calling Revogear about getting a replacement unit?

James :x

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]