Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:21 pm 

I installed uboot on my Kuro Box HG a year or so ago and everything seemed to work well, save for the fact that it wouldn't shutdown. Played around with it for awhile, but a long story short, I haven't used it in some time.

I though of a new use for my Kuro Box today, however. I was poking around the wiki today and figured it'd be a good time for me to update the system (it's currently running some version of gentoo.) I found this page: http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.ph ... PPC_Gentoo. It recommends using u-boot 1.2. I'm not quite sure which version of u-boot I am currently running, but its not 1.2.

Anyways, to cut to the chase, I'd like to flash the new version of u-boot to my system and do a clean install of gentoo. Here's where my troubles began. First, my netcat console doesn't seem to be working anymore. All the ip addresses and ports are as they were when I first configured u-boot, but my netcat host computer is getting nothing.

Second, I can't seem to boot my kuro box into em-mode manually using the power button to control the boot process. I can get it to flash 3 times in rapid succession, implying that its going to go into em-mode, but when I then continue the boot process, the power light simply continues to fade in and out slowly indefinately.

The machine still works - I can ssh into it and play around. How do I get my netcat console working again? How do I get into em-mode? How do I flash an updated u-boot? How do I wipe the machine and start fresh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:23 pm 

I should add to this that my portage tree currently seems to be hosed for whatever reason, so it's motivating me all the more to start fresh:

Code:
# emerge -uNDvp world
!!! Unable to parse profile: '/etc/make.profile'
!!! ParseError: Parent '/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/ppc/2005.1/ppc' not found: '/usr/local/portage/kuro-2006-08-26/profiles/kurobox/parent'
!!! ARCH is not set... Are you missing the '/etc/make.profile' symlink?
!!! Is the symlink correct? Is your portage tree complete?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]