Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:22 pm 

I am almost finished assembling a batch of JTAG Cables. We have several kits available which include all the parts necessary (including an etched predrilled circuit board). We will be making them available at a very reasonable cost. I believe $15 US plus shipping will get you one of these. All profits, and there aren't many, go to the Kurobox treasury for future development. After the initial batch of kits are sold we will figure out a way to make others available (looking for any volunteers here).

Assembly instructions can be found at http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/ ... _Interface .

A quick post to let us know if you are interested might be appropriate.

Please check here for availability and instructions if you are interested in one of these.

Dave

EDIT:

If you want to order one of these or be put on a waiting list if we are out of kits, send an email to linwoes at gmail dot com with "Want JTAG Kit" in the subject.

Place your mailing address with name on first 3 or 4 lines so it can be printed out easily on a label.

On the next line type your paypal email address so you can be invoiced.

Once the invoice is paid a kit will be shipped to you.

There were only 12 kits from the first batch so if you want one, order soon. It may be some time before more kits are available depending on how many orders are received.

Last edited by Dave Taylor on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:52 am 

I'd like to get one of the kits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:32 pm 

Waite tested one of these while unbricking my kuro tonight. They work, so get one of these and start experimenting. No worries about bricking with one of these on hand. Next step is to get an unbricking service started.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:28 pm 

How do I get one of these?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:52 pm 

Please let us know how to order one of these.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:03 pm 

Send an email to linwoes at gmail dot com with "Want JTAG Kit" in the subject.

Place your mailing address with name on first 3 or 4 lines so it can be printed out easily on a label.

There were only 12 kits from the first batch so if you want one, order soon. It may be some time before more kits are available depending on how many orders are received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:22 am 

Are there any of these babies left ? I'd like to buy one, or else does anybody know a fast way to obtain one ?
BTW, do any of the following should work ?
- (the JTAG3 one) http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?Nav1=Products&Nav2=Cables&Cat=Cable
- http://www.xilinx.com/xlnx/xebiz/designResources/ip_product_details.jsp?sGlobalNavPick=PRODUCTS&sSecondaryNavPick=Design+Tools&key=HW-PC4
Dave Taylor wrote:
Send an email to linwoes at gmail dot com with "Want JTAG Kit" in the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:53 am 

There are no more of the cables I designed. There is a need for them, so if somebody wants to build another batch of kits/assembled cables, be my guest.

The JTAG3 is not buffered and the other one is way expensive and may not work with JTAG Tools. I suggest looking on ebay for a wiggler or DLC5 compatible buffered cable (<$30). The wiggler compatibles use a 74xx244 octal buffer chip (has 20 pins). You may need to terminate the cable yourself if it comes with the wrong connector, but it should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:26 am 

I'm going to order the PCBs. If I got it right, ExpressPCB sells in quantities of 3. Does anybody also interested in these ? Obviously i will have 2 left...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:54 pm 

Heh... My Bad ! Actually each board contains 7 PCBs... So i'll have 20 left...

rmm wrote:
I'm going to order the PCBs. If I got it right, ExpressPCB sells in quantities of 3. Does anybody also interested in these ? Obviously i will have 2 left...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:33 pm 

I'm sure you will find takers for these boards even without the remaining parts as all of the parts except the circuit board are readily available at many supply houses. You will need to cut the boards up when you get them. A Scroll saw works for this. I'd imagine you could also use a dremel tool with the appropriate bit.

You might want to post on the LS forums that you have some of these boards available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:57 am 

Quote:

Id take one. Anyway youd be willing to also include one of each parts required to assemble? (costing extra of course).

Not sure I could source the Quad Buffer in particular in my part of the world.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:10 pm 

Makes me salivate knowing I can FINALLY revive this dusty board ... do you have any more cables in stock at the moment Dave?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:29 am 

Hello to everybody,

can someone please tell me, which program I have to install to open the .pcb file from the wiki ?

Thx a lot !

Sorry ! I found it. It is the software on ExpressPCB´s homepage.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]