Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:41 pm 

Hi,

i've some questions before I install u-boot:
  • There are a two u-boot versions for kurobox hg, the first one was the first one which are written for kuro, the second one is a development for the linkstation and also ported for the kuro, right?
  • I want network-support (network console), so what special must I do ? I found the wiki how-to http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/ ... Kurobox_HG and the instruction on http://www.linuxnotincluded.pwp.blueyon ... stall.html - why is the one so easy, the other one so complex?
  • The network version should send the console to 192.168.100.2, what I've to do?
  • So far I read, the network console "receiver" is hard coded into u-boot, so I can't change them later via u-boot environment, right?
  • What u-loader.o does? I know loader.o which I also use currently - are both kernel modules the same or what is the difference?
  • I found files on http://www.kurobox.com/downloads/Flash_ ... otloaders/, what are this for files?

Ok, maybe these are very stupid questions, but the problem for me is, that there are too many informations and that confuse me.

I think, I'm not an linux novice (I can do a "little bit" more like install opensuse ;-) ), so see my questions really as a sign, that "I'm flooded with too many different informations" ;-)

prodigy7

By the way:
Some one should fix the board software. I got always this messages:
Code:
Warning: include(./language/lang_german/lang_abq.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 392

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_german/lang_abq.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 392

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php:392) in /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php:392) in /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php:392) in /home/meseckes/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 478

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]