Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:20 pm 

I hate to do this, but I need to point out that there is a lot of info on U-boot, and it is very confusing.

I have a Kurobox HG, and when I boot into EM mode, I see that the kernel image stored in the flash is the "2.4.17_mvl21" version. I have not installed uboot yet.

I currently have Sylver's latest Debian image installed on my HG. It is running the kernel "2.6.17.1-mh1_kuro-box".

In the "HOWTO U-Boot" wiki page, there are several sets of directions. It's not clear to me which one I should be using - the 2.4.x set, or the 2.6.x set for the HG.

The "linuxnotincluded" set of directions provides info for the Kurobox Std with the "2.4.17_mvl21-sandpoint" kernel, and the Kurobox HG with the "2.4.20_mvl31-ppc_linkstation" kernel. Does this mean I need to reconstruct my kernel build tree? Or, can I use the uloader stuff they link to? They also mention that the gcc version should match, but I have no idea which gcc was used to build the kernel...

Help!

Eliot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 am 

I know what you mean, when i was 1st looking to migrate i couldnt understand any of it...

when i finally did , i followed this guide http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/Kurobox_support_in_stock_2.6_kernels
It was simple to follow and i didnt have any problems.

The only issues for me were the post uboot changes, for example , ttyS0 and ttyS1 have swapped round and the AVR Watchdog needs attention (if you start rebooting every 5 mins or so, then look at the AVR scripts)

I would just give it a go
Note: if you get to the pre flash check (boot from ram i think) and it doesnt work then stop cus you have not erased anything yet.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]