Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:41 pm 

I would like to get the stock 2.6.20 kernel running on my kurobox-hg. I have been following the instructions on http://www.kurobox.com/mwiki/index.php/ ... .6_kernels. However, when I get to the part which verifies that U-Boot from RAM works booting the old 2.4.x kernel from flash, I'm unsure that I'm actually booting from U-Boot. It always comes back up using the 2.4.x kernel, but how can I be sure this is U-Boot booting it and not the Kuro failing and restarting using it's normal process?

I thought that I'd try tweaking the kernel parameters in U-Boot, then I could look at the dmesg output once the 2.4.x kernel had booted. I have tried putting in the debug parameter, even setting the root=/dev/sda1 and root=/dev/hda2 (to force it to fail), but it always works and always the dmesg log shows the kernel command line as root=/dev/hda1. Why is this? Is U-Boot actually booting the kernel, or is it falling back to the standard process? Or is it working but ignoring the parameters? How can I find out before I proceed with the flash?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

_jpg_

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]