Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:43 pm 

I've followed the instructions provided in the Kurobox Stock v2.6 kernel wiki page (Kurobox support in stock 2.6 kernels). However, I'm getting somewhat stuck at the step where you boot the RAM build of U-Boot (here). It boots...however, I believe the AVR is triggering a reboot sequence. When U-Boot starts, I stop the boot sequence over the netconsole. However, the power led is not pulsing smoothly, but instead blinking on and off (much like it does as it's rebooting or turning on). At first, I figured it wasn't a big deal, and ran the 'run flboot' command, and the v2.4 kernel came up no problem. However, the power led kept blinking. I tried triggering the /etc/init.d/kuro-avr-init script (I'm running Gentoo), and it seemed to run successfully, but the AVR didn't stop. It eventually rebooted the box, and started the v2.4 kernel again, this time obviously with the constant-on power led.

To check this, I again started up the RAM build of U-Boot, and stopped the boot sequence. The led was again blinking, and this time I did not try to run a boot command, I simply let it sit in the u-boot boot selection screen. Again, the AVR triggered a forced reboot, and went back into the v2.4 kernel.

Also, I should add that I attempted to boot the v2.6 kernel, and it did seem to work, beyond the fact that it didn't ever start running init scripts, since it couldn't mount the root fs (I didn't change the fstab yet, for obvious reasons). It's not a problem with the kernel, since the kernel shouldn't matter at this point yet.

I have a KuroHG running a v2.4.17 kernel. I'm assuming that the command I would run to manually copy u-boot to the flash without using the ram-build is "dd if=u-boot-hg.flash.bin of=/dev/fl2 bs=1k", correct? I don't want to use the u-boot ram build to perform the flash, since I don't want the AVR rebooting it half-way through the flash. On a side note, I don't know how long it takes to actually do the flash -- the flash.bin file is ~176KB -- and even if I could flash it through the u-boot interface possibly within the time frame, the idea still makes me worry. So, is that the command I'd need to run? *crosses fingers*

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]