Kurobox NAS-Central Forums

Welcome to the Kuro Community
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:34 pm 

I need somebody's help to unbrick my kurobox.

Basically 2 weeks ago I flashed by mistake the wrong version of UBOOT (non HG) to my Kurobox HG. As a result the Kurobox cannot boot and flashing leds are showing "flash errror" code.

I bought a JTAG cable off E-bay and installed openwince on my Ubuntu. And it cannot detect the JTAG. I have spend over 5 hours trying to troubleshoot BUT I also have a family and I cannot spend any more time.

There is an 74HC244 buffer on the JTAG interface and I trink it might need 5V instead of the 3.3V that the Kurobox JTAG provides. Could this be the issue?

When I issue the "detect" command under openwince it doesn't show anything. No errors, no nothing.

I will need somebody who has access to a working JTAG to reprogram my Kurobox motherboard. I am willing to cover shipping costs both ways in order to get it fixed. I really DONT want to spend $150 for the Wiggler JTAG and also spend another 5 hours.

I really don't want to spend any more time without my kurobox.

Thanks... I am located on the East Coast (US)

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:15 pm 

Antiriad wrote:
I need somebody's help to unbrick my kurobox.

Basically 2 weeks ago I flashed by mistake the wrong version of UBOOT (non HG) to my Kurobox HG. As a result the Kurobox cannot boot and flashing leds are showing "flash errror" code.

I bought a JTAG cable off E-bay and installed openwince on my Ubuntu. And it cannot detect the JTAG. I have spend over 5 hours trying to troubleshoot BUT I also have a family and I cannot spend any more time.

There is an 74HC244 buffer on the JTAG interface and I trink it might need 5V instead of the 3.3V that the Kurobox JTAG provides. Could this be the issue?

When I issue the "detect" command under openwince it doesn't show anything. No errors, no nothing.

I will need somebody who has access to a working JTAG to reprogram my Kurobox motherboard. I am willing to cover shipping costs both ways in order to get it fixed. I really DONT want to spend $150 for the Wiggler JTAG and also spend another 5 hours.

I really don't want to spend any more time without my kurobox.

Thanks... I am located on the East Coast (US)

Mike

The issue I have right now is when I try to use the following command:

jtag> detect
jtag>

I get...nothing. It doesn't even give an error message.

Does anyone have a clue if the JTAG interface works or not? Am I supposed to get an error if it doesn't?

I also measured 0.6 volts accross the VCC on the Parallel port after I jumped R67. However I measured 3.3 Volts at R67.

WTF is going on.......... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:03 am 

Im sorry but i have no idea..

you might want to try 'Dave Taylor', he should be able to help you.

http://www.kurobox.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1059&highlight=

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]